Minimum Qualification Requirements for Company Drivers
As the leading trucking company in our industry, we look for the best drivers, and we expect the best from our drivers. This means our standards and requirements for truck driving are high, and not everyone can meet them. Those drivers who do can expect competitive compensation and benefits, as well as other incentives. To expedite the application process, the following items are presented which outline our minimum requirements to be a truck driver for Quality Carriers.
To be a driver for Quality Carriers or Affiliate Partners, drivers MUST meet the following truck driver requirements:
1. Be at least 22 years of age
2. Be able to read, write, and communicate in English. (French if in French speaking Terminal)
3. Be authorized to work in the United States (Canada if Canadian Driver)
4. Have at least one (1) year experience (six months with same carrier) under a D.O.T. certified carrier with articulating vehicles in the last three (3) years. Or, have one (1) year Tanker experience (six months with the same carrier) with articulating vehicles in the last ten (10) years.
5. Relative experience that falls outside of window described above will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
6. Have no alcohol or drug related convictions in the last seven (7) years. Have no more than two (2) convictions in the last 25 years.
7. Have never tested positive for drugs or alcohol under DOT guidelines.
8. Have no more than 7 jobs in the last 3 years.
9. Have no more than 3 moving violations or preventable accidents within the last 3 years.
10. No speeding tickets in any motor vehicle at or above 78 mph or 15 mph over the posted speed limit in the last 12 months.
11. Must be able to pass a D.O.T. physical examination, Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Drug Test, and be in physical condition to perform all essential functions required by driver's job description.
12. Have no disqualifying offenses per the TSA which prohibit you from holding a hazardous materials endorsement or any felony convictions which are substantially related to driving a CMV with HM lading.
13. Applicants must have Tanker and Hazardous Materials Endorsement, and must be willing to obtain TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) Card.
14. Pass a mandatory 25-mile QC Road Test.
15. Be clean-shaven at all times and able to wear a full/half face respirator. Reasonable accomodations will be on a case by case basis.
If you meet these standards and requirements to be a truck driver, we invite you to search our CURRENT OPENINGS to see if there is a challenging and rewarding Quality Carriers position waiting for you. However, if you are ready to move forward right now, please complete our online application and APPLY NOW. To complete the application, you will be required to furnish the following information:
Qualified drivers are always in demand at Quality Carriers. If you believe you are a good fit to work with the largest bulk tank trunk network in North America, come to Quality Carriers for more of what makes a career in our industry worth pursuing. Find more about rewarding transportation careers with Quality Carriers by calling us at 1-877-967-5472 or APPLY NOW.
- Social Security Number
- Home address history covering the past three (3) years
- Current driver’s license number and driver’s license history for the past three (3) years
- Employment history covering the past ten (10) years
- Driver history, including all traffic accidents, violations and/or convictions (including DUIs, reckless driving convictions and any license suspensions) form the last three (3) years
- Military service (if applicable)
Quality Carriers. Delivering Excellence.